Saturday, May 23, 2009

Deja Vu

Remember that little couch incident that I mentioned in my last post? Well, we had a new couch delivered on Saturday. Then we promptly reinforced Sadie's cage with several layers of duct tape, just to make sure that there would not be a repeat performance while we were at work.


On Monday, less than 48 hours after the new section of the couch was delivered, KD came home to find that Sadie had not only chewed through all of the duct tape and escaped from her cage again, but that Sadie had taken further liberties with the couch:



Before you ask, yes, this is the new couch.




You'll see that Sadie is very unrepentent. Not to fear. We have further jimmy-rigged the cage and will probably be reinforcing it with chew-proof metal wiring, but lets just say I wouldn't expect any new couches on the horizon. We'll wait until she has outgrown this chewing stage for good--a little fact I should have taken into consideration before I ran out and bought a new couch.