Saturday, May 16, 2009

Two Weeks In Review

I was in the process of downloading the pictures from my camera when I realized what a rollercoaster the last two weeks have been. So here are the last two weeks in review:

Saturday before last, the kiddos started swimming lessons again. Well, that is how things were supposed to happen, anyway. B was all ready for her lesson:



And here was T:


Poor little dude was sick. Had a fever of 102. So he spent some time napping on the couch. No worries, he's fully recovered.

Last weekend was Mother's Day, and it was one of the best I can remember. On Friday evening, KD, my mom, J and I all went to the Eagles concert together. (And of course, like a dummy, I forgot my camera, so I didn't get any pictures). Because KD's dad generously volunteered to take the kiddos for an overnighter, I also got to go golfing the next morning with my hubby, mom, and J. Don't ask me what my score was. I didn't keep track, I was that terrible. KD, on the other hand, had a decent game and came home the winner. But I think I speak for all of us when I say we had a really fantastic time.





Now I know I have written in the past about out our Sadie "escapades." Well, the fun continues. And this time I'm convinced I jinxed myself. Because only a little more than a week ago I was remarking to KD: "Gee, you know, Sadie is doing remarkably well for being only 7 months old. She has hardly chewed on anything since she was a puppy. We've been really lucky." Uh huh. I swear, not two days after I said this, she got out of her crate while we were both at work and chewed up the entrance rug. I can't say that I was thrilled about the news, but I thought to myself, "Hey, I didn't love that rug anyway. So it's not too big of a deal. It could have been worse."

Then KD called me at work last Tuesday. Told me that we "had a little problem." Seems Sadie got out again and this time, since the rug was no longer, (she having digested it the week before), Sadie decided she would chew something a little more tasty. A little more challenging. A little more expensive. Oh yes, she chewed my living room couch:


Lets just say that I was not the world's happiest camper when I came home that night. The only silver lining to come out of this sad tale of woe is that the couch is a sectional, and we only had to replace one piece.


Today, while we were waiting for R.C. Willey's to deliver the aformentioned sectional piece, T was out riding his bike while B was helping me garden.


Last weekend while he was at his grandpa's, T rode his bike all over the culdecsac and was finally beginning to build up some confidence without training wheels. Of course what happens? While practicing this afternoon, he didn't turn his bike hard enough when he came down the neighbor's driveway and smashed, face first, into the neighbor's brick mailbox. In addition to scraping up his hands, he managed to successfully acquire a rather nasty gash on the inside of his mouth. Poor little dude had blood pouring out when I ran over to pick him up, and he just kept asking me the whole time I was trying to wipe away the blood and assess the damage, "Am I going to die? Am I going to die? Oh man, I'm going to die, aren't I?"


After reassuring him that no, he wasn't going to die, and applying character-themed bandages appropriately, we all went out for a post-trauma therapy at the local IHOP, where the kids enjoyed chocolate pancakes for dinner.







If you look closely in the first picture, you can see where T's gumline is all torn up. He was only too happy to show off his battle-wound to the hostess who seated us. She was duly impressed.



Well, how was that for a recap? I'm usually not so verbose and have never included so many pictures, but I couldn't help myself today. You should all be proud. I even figured out how to reduce the image size of my pictures so I could post everything in one post. Damn, I'm getting downright technological.

So that's the last two weeks in review. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for a little less drama over the next two!

1 comment:

Blonde African Americans said...

Great post, keep up the good work