Friday, April 24, 2009

La-La-Lagoon

Okay, yes, I'm a week late in posting this. But what's that old saying, better late than never? Last weekend we went to Lagoon with some friends who have kids that are the same age as the kiddos. Yep, in April. I know, crazy huh? But really, it was the most brilliant idea ever! I wish I could take the credit, but it was all my friend Diana's doing. Low 70 degrees, no lines, I'm telling you that you couldn't ask for a better day to go to Lagoon.

The kids had a blast. They definitely inherited their parents' love of amusement parks. T went on the roller coaster Wicked--twice. Little dude was so short they had to put him in a booster seat to ride. (Don't worry. He met the minimum height requirement, if only barely.) I seriously had a death grip on his arm the entire time. I don't know what I was thinking. If he flew out of that seat, I don't think even my death grip would have done much good. Fortunately, T did not go flying out of his seat to the horrible death I imagined. Instead, he absolutely loved it. I mean it. He grinned like a crazy man the whole time. I think the guy who was riding next to T got more of a kick out of it than I did.

(Author's note: Having short to almost non-existent lines is a very good thing until you're thirty-something years old and you've just gone on three roller coasters back to back without pause. Trust me when I tell you that you that no, you are not in your teens anymore; and yes, you will feel suspiciously sick after you get off the Wild Mouse).

B was just as crazy as T. She went on the Tidal Wave three times in a row with her Mom, and then after her parents switched, she went another three times in a row with her Dad. I really should have gotten a picture. When her side of the boat went up in the air, she would put both arms up and scream just like all the grownups were doing. It was really something.

Anyway, that is a very brief recap of our trip to Lagoon. Here are some pictures, lest you think I am telling you all a tall tale:

No comments: