Sunday, March 22, 2009

Princess Party

Recently, the little girl next door invited B to a princess-themed birthday party. B was so excited she almost couldn't stand it -- that is, until she got there and realized there were six other little girls that she didn't know at all. Now, I think it is clear to all of you who know her that B is not the social butterfly her older brother is. Suffice it to say, B's enthusiasm took a major nose-dive. I managed to pry her off my leg and sneak out while she was engrossed in a game of "pass the poisoned apple" . . . but 30 minutes later, the neighbor was ringing my bell letting me know B was done and wanted to come home. Not 10 seconds after she came through our front door, she dropped her castle sugar cookie and promptly burst into tears when the dogs (understandably) started eating the tasty treat that had fortuitiously befallen them. To top it off, for the rest of the afternoon, B kept asking me why I had left her all by herself. (Yes, even at 4 she has figured out how to lay on the mom guilt. But I promise, it appeared to be a perfectly rationale course of action at the time. I really thought that once she got playing she would forget about being shy. I was clearly wrong.)

Even though the party didn't turn out quite like I (or B) expected, here's a quick picture I snapped with her all dressed up, which I have to share because she was just so cute:

I tried to get her to smile, but she was having none of it. I still think she's adorable anyway!

2 comments:

Blonde African Americans said...

I can't believe how big she is! What a cutie-T

Blonde African Americans said...

Shes as tall as Bret already I miss the princess stage.-R