Sunday, January 25, 2009

Growing Like A Weed

From the title of this entry, you'd probably guess that I'm going to say something about how quickly the kiddos are growing, right? Not an illogical assumption, I'll admit, given that this blog is called "The Kiddo Report." Well, sorry to disappoint you but I have to highlight the growth of one of our other "kiddos." Sadie. We took her to the vet yesterday and she now weighs 28 pounds . . . nearly as much as my youngest child. Here is Sadie when we first got her in November:


And here is Sadie today:



Isn't she scruffilicious? I'll tell you she looks much cuter in this picture than when she came home from the vet's office. You see, unlike most dogs, Sadie is not a car dog. Let me explain:

When we first got our little angel, she made it all the way from Provo to our street before she puked all over the front seat. The last time KD took her to the vet, she peed all over the back of the SUV and puked all over the front seat on the way home.

Yesterday, perhaps not unexpectedly in light of our her prior experiences, Sadie left a nice little present in the backseat on the way to the vet. She then also managed to puke her guts out all over the front seat of the car on the way home--coincidentally, precisely as KD was pulling into the driveway. As he describes it, he heard the tell-tale horking sound and was desperately trying to stop the car, unbuckle his seatbelt, and open the passenger side door just as the little fire hydrant began to spew everywhere. And I mean everywhere. This stuff was on the seat, the console, the floor, and the little dog. I think it would be an understatement to say that KD was not a happy man. Nor I, since I had the dubious honor of cleaning said throwup off the dog while KD was cleaning up the car. (I think mine was still the better job by far, though).

Luckily, we are kind and forgiving dog owners. But we're going to either have to get her used to riding in the car or start wrapping the car in plastic before we take her anywhere.

No comments: