Saturday, November 8, 2008

New Puppy


Last week we took the long journey to Fillmore with the kiddos to pick out our new puppy. I'll spare you the boring details. Suffice it to say that we finally chose the sleeping puppy on the left:

If you look closely, you can see the purple collar on the dog on the right. We (read in I) picked her at the outset but later switched because, although the puppy on the right was the softest in the litter, I was convinced that she would inherit more golden retriever fur than poodle because her hair was so straight. Given that my whole plan behind getting a golden doodle is to get a dog that sheds less, we went with the puppy with the curliest hair in the hopes that she would, indeed, shed less.

Although we have now officially picked out a new puppy, her name is still to be determined. The kids want to name her Fluffy. I can guarantee you that it's not going to be Fluffy. If anyone has any great suggestions, let me know!

2 comments:

Blonde African Americans said...

"Banshee"
Female fairy spirit from Irish Gaelic folklore.


http://www.dog-names.us/database.asp?Category1=Nature

Schabel22 said...

Oberon
King of the Faerie from Midsummer Nights Dream...and the name of my favorite beer.
:)