About a month ago, I gave each of my kids blank Christmas lists that they could fill with whatever their little hearts desired. (Not to fear, we also had a nice little sit down chat during which time we explained that the kiddos were by no means going to get everything that appeared on their respective lists.) T was fairly discriminating about the items he chose to include on his list. B not so much. Her list-creation process went something like this:
1. While watching cartoons (or her most recent obsession--the Suite Life of Zack & Cody) B sees cleverly targeted advertisement making toy seem far more exciting and magical than toy is likely to be. B concludes that she cannot live without advertised toy.
2. B exclaims "I want that!" (her new favorite phrase) and dives for the remote control to pause the commercial on our DVR.
3. B runs to fridge, grabs her Christmas list, looks for nearest available pencil, and attempts to scribble down the name of the newly-coveted toy. If she fails to pause on a screen with the name of the advertised toy displayed, she writes it down phonetically. This, of course, is my favorite part of her Christmas list. (I also have to give the little bug credit. There were only a couple of things on her list I could not decipher.)
The result? B's Chrismtas list is three times as long as her brother's. Because I thought B's list was so darn cute, I couldn't help but share.
B's List (front and back):


Some of my favorites are:
- "Platoe I Skrem" (Playdough Ice Cream)
- "Plae fon" (Play phone)
- "Futbol" (not sure where this one came from as she's never had much interest in football)
Special thanks to our friend Tobin, who figured out that there is, in fact, such a thing as girl Bakugan. They are called Zoobles, in case there are others who are as equally clueless as I was.
T's list is much more straightforward, but in fairness should probably be included so as not to feel left out:
Whew. That is more of a post that I had anticipated putting up. One of these days I may yet return to blogging. Okay, who am I kidding? But for now, enjoy and thanks for reading. Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment